Election 2016: Vote YES on Measure Z in Napa Co.
Measure Z establishes a ¼ cent sales tax for 14 years that will raise approximately $8 million per year for open space. It would permanently protect up to 30,000 acres of watersheds, forests, and natural habitats throughout Napa County.
Greenbelt Alliance encourages all voters in Napa County to vote YES on Measure Z to preserve local water, parks, and open space.
- Protect water resources, quality, and quantity
- Restore and protect watersheds, rivers, and creeks
- Manage vegetation to preserve biodiversity and reduce wildfire risk
- Protect natural areas and wildlife habitat
- Improve and maintain existing parks
- Maintain and enhance walking, hiking, biking, and equestrian trails
Measure Z helps to preserve and steward some of the most beautiful natural open space the Bay Area has to offer by providing much-needed funding to Napa County’s Regional Park and Open Space District.
The measure is supported by a broad array of organizations, including Greenbelt Alliance, Napa County Farm Bureau, Friends of Napa River, Napa/Solano Central Labor Council, Sierra Club, Napa Vine Trail Coalition Board, Bay Area Ridge Trail Council, Land Trust of Napa County, Napa County Bicycle Coalition, and many others.
Measure Z requires a 2/3 majority vote for approval, so we need your help to get the word out and help us win.
Greenbelt Alliance urges everyone in Napa County to vote YES on Measure Z.