Job Announcement: Senior Advancement Manager
Greenbelt Alliance seeks a talented, committed, and energetic candidate for the position of Senior Advancement Manager based in San Francisco.
We need a project manager, Salesforce administrator, and fundraiser to manage our database, oversee gift processing and data entry, develop and track timelines for foundation grants and reports, help craft and track project timelines for the Advancement Department, and run annual giving programs for low- and mid-level donors. You will drive our departmental efficiency and contribute to our fundraising success thus enabling Greenbelt Alliance to shape how the San Francisco Bay Area handles growth. You will be a key contributor to achieving our fundraising goals and expanding our annual donor base. The perfect candidate for this position is highly collaborative and extremely organized, knows Salesforce, is creative and innovative, and thrives in a multifaceted environment. The Senior Advancement Manager reports to the Director of Advancement, is a key position in implementing our ambitious strategic fundraising goals, works collaboratively with the Advancement Manager, and supervises the Advancement Assistant. Explore greenbelt.org to learn more about our work.
You’ll be a great Senior Advancement Manager if you:
- Are extremely organized and enjoy efficiency and improving systems
- Are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and multifaceted environment
- Enjoy fundraising—both from individuals and institutions
- Know your way around Salesforce: can draw conclusions and make recommendations on strategic use of Salesforce, and can customize and create reports and dashboards
- Can supervise an Advancement Assistant responsible for gift entry and database support
- Have examples of how you’ve used your project management skills to maximize efficiency
- Can give examples of participating in the process of submitting and securing foundation grants
- Can give examples of where you have been part of successful implementation of annual giving programs
- Enjoy people and the concept of creating donor communities
- Can write compelling appeal content to inspire donors
- Have basic knowledge of environmental policy, land use, and/or planning
- Love the environment, sustainable, inclusive cities and towns, and want to make the Bay Area a better place to live
- Provide overall strategic direction for Salesforce database use and integrated database programs like Click & Pledge, Conga Composer, and Eventbrite
- Support the database needs of the Advancement, Marketing and Communications, and Program Departments
- Create and oversee complex reports and dashboards
- Manage database responsibilities of Advancement Assistant
- Create and drive timelines of grants and reports submissions
- Coordinate the gathering of all grants and reports content and submit per schedule
- Conduct foundations prospecting research, lead prospecting meetings, and maintain data
- Track grant payments and coordinate with Accounting Department
GIFT PROCESSING AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT MANAGEMENT:
- Manage gift processing responsibilities of Advancement Assistant
- Oversee acknowledgment process
- Oversee reconciliation of gift data with Accounting Department
- Manage online giving pages and tools
- Create and drive timelines for appeals and special campaigns, including corporate sponsorship program
- Help craft and track all departmental events timelines
ANNUAL GIVING PROGRAMS:
- Create and run annual giving, donor acquisition, and stewardship programs
- Coordinate workplace giving and special events fundraising
- Oversee corporate fundraising data tracking and research
The Senior Advancement Manager should have a combination of the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or demonstrated success at all key responsibilities above
- Minimum three years of relevant experience
- Advanced Salesforce experience in a fundraising/marketing/program environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for managing shifting deadlines, creating schedules, and driving them; flexibility and prioritization on the fly are essential
- Sense of humor and a love of databases and fundraising
Ideally, the Senior Advancement Manager will have a strong affinity for protecting the Bay Area’s greenbelt of natural landscapes, farms, and ranches, and creating thriving neighborhoods that meet the needs of people from all walks of life.
Salary DOE, full-time, based in San Francisco, with some travel around the Bay Area. Compensation includes full employer-paid health and dental insurance for employees, generous vacation and sick time, and an exciting, team-oriented work environment. Flexible spending accounts, Commuter Checks, and 403(b) retirement accounts also available.
Email a resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job title followed by your name in the subject line.
About Greenbelt Alliance
For over 50 years, Greenbelt Alliance has been the leading land use advocacy organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. As the champion of the places that make the Bay Area special, we protect the region’s open spaces and make sure our cities and towns grow in a way that creates great neighborhoods for everyone.
Greenbelt Alliance is one of the most effective and well-respected environmental organizations in the Bay Area. Our work has encouraged Bay Area cities and counties to adopt land-use policies to effectively protect over two million acres of natural and agricultural lands. We were one of the first environmental organizations in the nation to establish a program to endorse and advocate for smart growth developments, improving more than 140 neighborhoods around the region and endorsing over 70,000 homes to be built to date.
With a committed staff of 19 savvy professionals at the forefront of the smart growth movement, Greenbelt Alliance has a strong team spirit and sense of fun. We are headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Santa Rosa, Fairfield, and Walnut Creek.
Greenbelt Alliance values a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBT persons, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other traditionally marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply.