San Francisco is in the midst of a severe housing shortage, displacement, and affordability crisis. It is essential that more well-designed and well-located homes are built to alleviate our region’s housing problems. Learn more about why Greenbelt Alliance has endorsed 925 Bryant here.
That’s why the Housing Action Coalition and Greenbelt Alliance are proud to support an innovative new project at 925 Bryant that would bring 218 much-needed homes to the SoMa neighborhood.
Some of the project’s many highlights include:
- Transforming a vacant space and surface parking lot into new homes. This project replaces a vacant warehouse dominated by surface-level parking with 218 new homes.
- Creating affordable homes. The project will create new homes for our middle and lower-income neighbors, as 24% of units are affordable to households making 50%, 80%, and 110% of the Area Median Income. In addition, the market-rate units, which are designed to be affordable based on their smaller size, will be roughly 20-30% less expensive than a comparable traditional studio apartment in the area.
- Providing a diverse housing option. 925 Bryant is a group housing project—meaning the units are small studio apartments that have private kitchenettes and bathrooms, along with access to abundant community amenities, including open space (more than 50% over City requirements), multiple communal kitchens, a coworking space, as well as a fitness center and other spaces for people to gather and socialize.
- Encouraging environmentally friendly modes of transportation. The project site is near multiple forms of public transit and provides residents with 218 bike parking spaces, but only 25 car parking spaces that include car share and EV charging, encouraging residents to reduce car use and take advantage of alternative modes of transportation.
- Environmentally sustainability. Along with sustainable building practices that focus on water-conserving landscaping and water-efficient plumbing, this project will include over 50kW of solar and will be 100% electric, with no natural gas service or utilities of any kind.