Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors while sourcing and cultivating potential corporations not currently a sponsor of Greenbelt Alliance.
In addition to meeting business development and relationship management goals, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager negotiates and executes Partnership Agreements with corporate sponsors and ensures precise execution and fulfillment of completed Partnership Agreements guided by the CEO. As a member of the Development Team, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager supports, develops, and executes fundraising initiatives and campaigns for Greenbelt Alliance in partnership with the Senior Development Manager, Marketing Director, and CEO.
You are a strategic creative thinker and have a proven track record in fundraising, relationship management, business development, and/or foundation and corporate engagement. You effectively assess funder needs as they align to Greenbelt Alliance’s events, programs, and strategic initiatives, building rapport and trust with others. You think creatively to help Greenbelt Alliance create and grow programs that align with foundation and corporations’ funding interests. You proactively pursue sponsor opportunities ultimately resulting in the cultivation of new relationships and elevating existing partnerships to meet Greenbelt Alliance’s foundation and corporate revenue goals and account management objectives.
This job is for you if:
- You’re a relationship builder who loves taking time to build rapport and truly get to know your partners
- You are enthusiastic about setting and achieving fundraising goals
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are intrinsically motivated to boldly pursue new opportunities
- You’re passionate about the Bay Area’s leadership in climate-smart conservation and development and comfortable communicating about our organization to encourage investment in our mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the Development Team and CEO, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager will:
- Develop and implement strategies for growing an assigned portfolio while acquiring new corporate and foundation partners
- Work with the Board and CEO to strategize and enhance relationships including face to face meetings with corporate and foundation prospects
- Research and recruit potential sponsors with written proposals, presentations, and follow up to generate new business and revenue
- Manage corporate relationships by providing high touch communication and frequent opportunities for engagement
- Work collaboratively with Greenbelt Alliance internal partners to ensure all corporate partner expectations are met
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Development Manager to acquire and track corporate sponsorships for Greenbelt Alliance’s events, including the annual gala, Savor the Greenbelt
- Research, develop, and build corporate engagement opportunities including corporate volunteer outings and events
- Well organized, attention to detail and follow-through
- Takes initiative – Works well independently as well as a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Sincere commitment to work closely with all constituents
- Exemplify professional relationship management skills building confidence, rapport and trust
- Develop solutions to challenges to overcome roadblocks
- Ability to negotiate with good business sense
- Excellent project and time management skills
Compensation, Schedule & Location
This is a full time, exempt position based in San Francisco, CA, with a small amount of local travel required. Occasional work during evenings and weekends will be required for meetings and corporate fundraising events. Salary will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the approximate range of $65,000 to $75,000 per year. Greenbelt Alliance offers full employer-paid health and dental insurance for employees, generous vacation and sick time, and an exciting, team-oriented work environment. Flexible spending accounts, Commuter Checks, and 403(b) retirement accounts also available.
About Greenbelt Alliance
For 60 years, Greenbelt Alliance has been the leading land use advocacy organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. To create a more resilient Bay Area, we protect the region’s open spaces and make sure our cities and towns grow in a climate-smart way.
Greenbelt Alliance is one of the most effective and well-respected environmental organizations in the Bay Area. Our work has encouraged Bay Area cities and counties to adopt land-use policies to effectively protect over two million acres of natural and agricultural lands. We were one of the first environmental organizations in the nation to establish a program to endorse and advocate for smart growth developments, improving more than 140 neighborhoods around the region and endorsing over 70,000 homes to be built to date. Read more about our history and mission online.
We are a small, nimble staff of savvy professionals with strong team spirit and sense of fun. We are headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Santa Rosa, Fairfield, and Walnut Creek.
Greenbelt Alliance values a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBT persons, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other traditionally marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Read more about our values here.