Job Announcement: Advancement Manager
Full-time Position—Focus Areas: Project Management, Salesforce Administration, Grant Processes
Greenbelt Alliance seeks a talented, committed, and energetic candidate for the position of Advancement Manager based in San Francisco.
We need a project manager, Salesforce administrator, and fundraiser to manage our database, oversee gift processing and data entry, develop and track timelines for foundation grants and reports, and craft and track project timelines for the Advancement Department. You will drive our departmental efficiency and contribute to our fundraising success. You will be a key contributor to achieving our fundraising goals and expanding our donor base. The perfect candidate for this position is highly collaborative and extremely organized, knows Salesforce, and is creative and innovative. The Advancement Manager reports to the department director, is a key position in implementing our ambitious strategic fundraising goals, works collaboratively with their teammates, and supervises the Advancement Assistant.
You’ll be a great Advancement Manager if you:
- Are extremely organized and enjoy efficiency and improving systems
- Are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy fundraising—both from individuals and institutions
- Know your way around Salesforce: can draw conclusions and make recommendations on strategic use of Salesforce, and can customize and create reports and dashboards
- Can supervise an Advancement Assistant responsible for gift entry and database support
- Have examples of how you’ve used your project management skills to maximize efficiency
- Can give examples of participating in the process of submitting and securing foundation grants
- Can give examples of where you have been responsible for and successfully implemented a fundraising program
- Love the environment, sustainable, inclusive cities and towns, and want to make the Bay Area a better place to live
PROJECT MANAGEMENT 40%
- Create and drive timelines for assigned projects
- Implement and drive business fundraising program, including event sponsorship, data tracking, and research; support fundraising consultant, CEO, and Board to facilitate business solicitations and follow-up.
- Work closely with teammates to co-manage projects and timelines that require collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT 30%
- Create and drive timelines of grants and reports submissions
- Coordinate and gather content for grant applications and reports and submit per schedule
- Conduct foundations prospecting research, lead prospecting meetings, and maintain data
- Track grant payments and coordinate with Finance Department
- Occasionally support Finance Department in administration of program-related contracts, including invoicing and timeline management
DATABASE MANAGEMENT 10%
- Provide overall strategic direction for Salesforce database use and integrated database programs like Click & Pledge, Conga Composer, and Eventbrite
- Support the database needs of the Advancement, Marketing and Communications, and Program Departments
- Create and oversee complex reports and dashboards
- Work with Finance Department to ensure accurate reconciliation between Salesforce and FundEz; create reports as needed
- Manage database responsibilities of Advancement Assistant
GIFT PROCESSING AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT MANAGEMENT 10%
- Manage gift processing responsibilities of Advancement Assistant
- Oversee acknowledgment process
- Oversee reconciliation of gift data with Finance Department
- Manage online giving pages and tools
- Serve as point-person for fiscally sponsored project gift processing needs
- Facilitate alternative ways of giving including stock donations, car donations, and in-kind giving
ANNUAL GIVING PROGRAMS 10%
- Oversee “Greenbelt Guardians” monthly giving program
- Coordinate workplace giving and assist with special events fundraising as needed
- Manage planned giving program including marketing support, tracking, and acknowledgment
- Collaborate with teammates in executing the department’s annual giving, donor acquisition, and stewardship programs as needed
The Advancement Manager should have a combination of the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or demonstrated success at all key responsibilities above
- Minimum three years of relevant experience
- Salesforce experience in a fundraising, marketing, or similar environment, Salesforce experience is required
- Demonstrated aptitude for managing shifting deadlines, creating schedules, and driving them; flexibility and prioritization on the fly are essential
- Sense of humor and a love of databases and fundraising
Ideally, the Advancement Manager will have a strong affinity for protecting the Bay Area’s greenbelt of natural landscapes, farms, and ranches, and creating thriving neighborhoods that meet the needs of people from all walks of life.
Salary DOE, full-time, based in San Francisco, with some travel around the Bay Area. Compensation includes full employer-paid health and dental insurance for employees, generous vacation and sick time, and an exciting, team-oriented work environment. Flexible spending accounts, Commuter Checks, and 403(b) retirement accounts also available.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job title followed by your name in the subject line.
About Greenbelt Alliance
For 60 years, Greenbelt Alliance has been the leading land use advocacy organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. As the champion of the places that make the Bay Area special, we protect the region’s open spaces and make sure our cities and towns grow in a way that creates great neighborhoods for everyone.
Greenbelt Alliance is one of the most effective and well-respected environmental organizations in the Bay Area. Our work has encouraged Bay Area cities and counties to adopt land-use policies to effectively protect over two million acres of natural and agricultural lands. We were one of the first environmental organizations in the nation to establish a program to endorse and advocate for smart growth developments, improving more than 140 neighborhoods around the region and endorsing over 70,000 homes to be built to date.
With a committed staff of 19 savvy professionals at the forefront of the smart growth movement, Greenbelt Alliance has a strong team spirit and sense of fun. We are headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Santa Rosa, Fairfield, and Walnut Creek.
Greenbelt Alliance values a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBT persons, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other traditionally marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply.