The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) recently released a full draft of Plan Bay Area 2050, our region’s long-range strategic plan that charts the course for the next 30 years and beyond for the San Francisco Bay Area. From envisioning a next-generation network of frequent-service transit to strategies for tackling the regional housing crisis to a pioneering suite of protections against sea level rise, Plan Bay Area 2050 takes a comprehensive look at the region’s challenges and identifies actions to be advanced by all levels of government in the coming years.
Now that the draft plan has been released for comment, your input is requested!
Join the MTC at one of its upcoming public workshops to hear how the plan’s 35 strategies improve the environment, housing, the economy, and transportation across the Bay Area’s nine counties! Alternatively, you can join a public hearing to share your thoughts. View a flyer of upcoming events here. You can dial in by phone (toll-free) or attend digitally.
Public Workshop dates are organized by county as follows:
- Alameda, Contra Costa (East Bay): Monday, June 14 at 5:00 p.m.
- Santa Clara (South Bay): Thursday, June 17 at 12:00 p.m.
- San Francisco, San Mateo (West Bay): Monday, June 28 at 5:00 p.m.
- Marin, Napa, Solano, and Sonoma (North Bay): Wednesday, June 30 at 12:00 p.m.
Public Hearing dates include:
- Friday, June 11
- Tuesday, June 22
- Wednesday, July 7
Other Ways that You Can Participate
- Comment on the Draft Plan Bay Area 2050 at planbayarea.org/learnmore
- All comments must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 20, 2021
- Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave them a voicemail at (415) 778-2292
- Watch a Video Overview about Plan Bay Area 2050
- Comment on the Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Alongside their long-range plans, all regional agencies in California must prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) that follows guidelines laid out by the California Environmental Quality Act. These in-depth reports consider the potential environmental impacts of implementing the plan’s strategies. Following last week’s release of Draft Plan Bay Area 2050, the plan’s Draft EIR also is available now for public review and comment through July 20, 2021.
- Read the Draft Environmental Impact Report at planbayarea.org/draftEIR