To our Outings Program guests and volunteers:
[last updated 04/01/2020]
Based on that guidance and the current “shelter in place” policy, our group outdoor hikes are canceled until further notice.
We also know that in times of stress, being outside and experiencing nature improves physical, mental, and emotional well-being. We ask that before you visit our region’s spectacular open spaces, check the county and park websites for closures. If parks remain open, follow recommended public health guidelines and social distancing protocols to stay safe. They are:
- Please stay home if you feel unwell, may have been exposed to someone who is ill, or are at higher risk of illness.
- Maintain at least six feet between yourself and other hikers.
- Avoid shaking hands or any other direct physical contact, a friendly wave is appreciated.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Use a barrier to touch any common surfaces such as door handles, park equipment, or trail handrails.
- For details and updates on future hikes or to change your RSVP, please contact me directly at email@example.com.
Above all else: Be Safe. Be Smart. Be Kind. Follow guidance from state and local government officials and use your best judgment as to whether being outside is appropriate for your health and wellbeing. Our free Outings Program was created to help Bay Area residents discover the wonders of nature and encourage them to protect it. If you choose to be outside, follow the rules above to protect yourself and others.
We’ll continue to keep you updated via email and this page as outings are canceled or postponed.
Stay healthy and as always, thank you for your support.
Outings Coordinator, Greenbelt Alliance