Greenbelt Alliance is almost entirely funded by our community of individual donors and philanthropic foundations. We put your dollars to work by advocating for good public policy and planning; providing expertise to decision-makers and elected officials; and rallying community support to ensure open space conservation and smart growth happens here in the Bay Area. Here’s a snapshot of our work last year. Read more about our impact in our annual report.
Each day, our staff:
- Meet with elected officials and governing bodies to ensure they have accurate policy analysis and innovative research when making decisions.
- Advise on and advocate for improvements as plans and policies evolve.
- Rally residents to take action in the most impactful ways.
- Publicly endorse good development and fight sprawl proposals.
- Organize community groups and organizations for a unified voice.
- Provide expertise on rules that govern where and how cities grow.
- Attend regional and local community meetings to support conservation and smart growth.
- Lead educational tours and events for residents and leaders to show them what is at stake if we don’t handle growth in the right way.
- Write, email, call, and show up to influence public policies that can change the Bay Area forever.
Help us continue to shape how the Bay Area grows.