Renewing Rohnert Park’s UGB with Measure B
Special Election November 5, 2019
Greenbelt Alliance partnered with the City Council and staff to develop the UGB renewal Measure B to protect open space and prevent sprawl in this growing city that lies within the heart of Sonoma County. The only change to the existing UGB line is to reduce its size by 80 acres of undeveloped land, which may be added to the green buffer that surrounds the city at a later point.
The UGB renewal has no opposition, but we still need to make sure that voters get to the polls!
Greenbelt Alliance is organizing the following public events to help get the word out about the importance of the UGB renewal. Please help spread the word!
- Public Forum on the UGB:
- When: Wednesday, September 25, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Rohnert Park-Cotati Regional Library Conference Room
- Ride and Roam Rohnert Park: Bike Ride sponsored by Greenbelt Alliance with community leaders to tour the city and see how the UGB works. A special guest will talk about Copeland Creek!
- When: Sunday, October 6, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Get more details and RSVP here.
- Measure B Campaign Mixer: Appetizers will be donated and there will be a no-host bar. Donations welcome.
- When: Thursday, October 10, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Where: Sally Tomatoes, Sonoma Mountain Village
Show your support for the renewal of Rohnert Park’s urban growth boundary by signing our petition here.
For more information, contact North Bay Regional Director, Teri Shore.